Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

Happy 1 Year Nappyversary to Me!


February 13, 2011 will mark a year since I've gone natural! These past months have been all about twists. I've been embracing the idea of protective styling over the cold months and I 've been creating more fun styles while wearing them. Not only that, but I have discovered that I can finally do a ponytail in my twists!
Lessons Learned Since Going Natural
[see below]

[the big chop]

[my first puff]
:)
1. Leaving deep conditioner in my hair for an hour using body heat via the elliptical works miracles for my hair compared to sitting under a dryer.

2. Hard core proteins are not for me :( Last year I did an Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment and suffered from breakage at the crown. Even though my hair was soft, strong, and shiny after the application, it wasn't worth it.

3. I never knew shampooing my hair once to twice a week with the right shampoo would be so beneficial. My hair is soo clean, soft, and shiny. I always thought shampooing this often would dry out my hair, but it has been the opposite for me.




My Current Regimen 2011
[see below]



*Shampoo and detangle my hair in sections in the shower once to twice a week, depending on my exercise routine for that week.
*Put a plastic bag around my hair for a deep condition, then hop on the elliptical.
*After rinsing out the deep condition I saturate my hair with my homemade shea honey whip and twist.
*For my scalp, I like to massage castor oil for itch/dandruff relief.

I'M CELEBRATING FOR A WEEK, TAKING A STEP BACK FROM MY COMFORT ZONE, SO STAY TUNED FOR MORE POST!