Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

Why don't you visit the salon anymore?


Hey y'all!
The other day, I got a ton of compliments on my twists, one being from a co-worker. She asked if I did them myself or if I went to a stylist. Of course, I answered myself, not only because I enjoy doing my hair, but because I don't trust anyone doing my hair besides me. The questions however didn't end there. She went on to ask me why I choose not to go to a hairstylist, and this got me thinking.....why exactly did I make the decision in 2008 to stop going to hair salons, and quit searching for that perfect hair stylist?
Personal Issues I have had with salons/stylists:
  • Learn how to help women have HEALTHY natural hair instead of mastering in weaves and relaxers only.
  • DON'T DOUBLE BOOK! Time each appointment so your clients are in and out within 2 hours. Stop doubling and tripling your bookings during my slot. I don't want to sit in a salon for 7-8 hours...I don't spend that much time at my job. Unacceptable.
  • Stop asking the client to run errands.
  • The hair products used on our hair are WAY TOO HEAVY, resulting in weighed down hair and one day hair styles.
  • Be on time!
  • Keep conversations professional and clean.
  • Stop talking on the phone while curling or flat-ironing the client’s hair!
  • Stop allowing people off the street to come in and sell items. Clients shouldn't feel pressured to buy this stuff.
  • Start giving your clients individual attention, treat me like a priority and a client.....I'm spending 1/4 of my paycheck for a service, I expect your undivided attention.
  • Keep your shop clean and professionally decorated.
  • SCISSOR HAPPY! Please stop chopping off massive inches of my hair....I asked for a trim, not a cut.
  • Stop eating all over the clients head.....Popeye's, Chinese food, dinner plates, McDonald's, you name it....I've seen it.
  • Stop treating natural hair like it's a disease, expand your services to natural heads......it's in and that's where the green is.