Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

my okra plant




Here are my three okra plants. I planted them in the spring, and they are growing extremely well. Okra plants are wonderful and trouble-free. They tend to thrive in hot weather without much watering.....I would say that I water them about 2 to 3 times a week. I've heard of okra plants reaching heights of seven to eight feet, but mine are measuring in at 5 feet tall.












My okra plants have been averaging five to seven harvested okra pods a day. I usually pick them every other day. The pods are normally 4-7 inches long.










Right now I'm storing the okra in the freezer till the holidays. For the most part, okra is great in gumbo, but I plan to smother mine with some shrimp and sausage.


Happy Planting :)